On Wed, 10 Feb 1999, Matthew P. Winslow wrote:

> Hello out there--
>
> This is bound to offend some of you out there, but I dislike lecturing
> about Piaget in my intro class. I'm a social psychologist, and for
> whatever reason, I just hate lecturing about his theory of cog.
> development.

Why?

It got so bad today that between classes I ran over to our
> library and found a video to show instead of my usual lecture. I realize
> that Piaget is important, and I can even (for a short time) sort of get
> into the ideas about how schemas develop and change, etc. In short, I
> want my students to know this stuff, I just have a hard time presenting
> it.

I always tell the students two things:  (1) hard is not the same as
impossible; (2) being hard is what makes it important.  If it was easy,
they wouldn't be challenged and grow.

^I'm looking for any suggestions to beef it up, or make it more
> student-friendly, or perhaps a good film that covers Piaget (the one I
> showed was viable at best). I prefer suggestions that you actually use
> rather than hypothetical suggestions.
>
> I will happily summarize all the responses I get that are not also sent
> to the entire list.
>
> Matt Winslow
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Eastern Kentucky University

Make it a good day.

                                                       --Louis--

Louis Schmier                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Department of History             http://www.halcyon.com/arborhts/louis.html
Valdosta State University
Valdosta, GA  31698                           /~\        /\ /\
                        -_~    /  "If you want to climb mountains,   \ /^\
                         _ _ /      don't practice on mole hills" -    \____