Hi

On Tue, 22 Jun 1999, Michael Hulsizer wrote:
> Hmmmm...it sounds like a nice go-no-go test of disinhibition.
> Clearly, Michael seems to error on the go side...maybe he
> suffers from an abundance of GABA-receptors (gamma-aminobutyric
> acid).  I would hate to see what type of post would result
> after the consumption of a nice 10 mg dose of valium!  The
> enhancement of an already abundant number of GABA receptors
> would result in a particular interesting set of posts!  :-)

Perhaps I'm showing my ignorance about some fine point, but as
someone who has thought quite a bit about inhibition and
behavior, I would have thought the problem (i.e., lack of
inhibition) was not an excess of GABA receptors, but rather a
GABA deficit that could be overcome by valium or like drugs (or
an effective Cognitive-Behavioural program, of course).  Perhaps
Michael S. would like to leave his brain to science, like
Einstein?

Best wishes
Jim

James M. Clark                          (204) 786-9313
Department of Psychology                (204) 774-4134 Fax
University of Winnipeg                  4L02A
Winnipeg, Manitoba  R3B 2E9             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CANADA                                  http://www.uwinnipeg.ca/~clark