Stephen  and anybody who finds his post confusing --

>  y'all -- Cultural variety. I thought it was 'merican for 'youse
guys/vous autres' as we say/nous disons up here...

I only sent my original letter to Stephen and Bill and Sue, not to the list
(should
probably have said so), but I don't mind if the group check out out the idea.
(Just wanted to give Bill first say, in case of being ultra vires -- Latin for
'them
other guys' or offensive to Listowner's amour propre -- which sounds like
French for 'do it yourself' but isn't.)

Roughly, my original letter said that somebody had once suggested a
TIPS logo and/or reference page could be created which those members
having websites could mirror or to which they could link. (Sue Franz, by
the way, has already got a list of  TIPSters and their sites at
http://web.nmsu.edu/~sfrantz/tips/tips.htm -- drop her a line if you want to
be added to that list.) I ran up a possible draft, which is what you will
find at http://www.unb.ca/web/psychology/likely/tips_info.htm

I do like Stephen's idea, and his wording but I'm not sure I like everything
about
my draft page -- the little mailer pictures might be a tad overinstructive for
grown-ups, and I'm not really sure that the group has a rule about, for
instance,
discouraging attachments. My warning about too much mail bytimes is pretty
subjective, too, in spite of all the data and advice sometimes posted by
list members.  I'm not even really sure that Bill wants his list membership
increased -- he's the one who will be doing the extra work -- or if he thinks
this is a good way to do it.

No rush -- I see very little TIPS trafic at the moment, and a huge number
of NOMAIL settings, so I expect it will be fairly quiet for a few weeks.
By the way, I honestly don't know -- is the acronym for Teaching In PSychology,
or for Teaching in Psychological Sciences?  I've seen both, I think.

-David

        David G. Likely, Department of Psychology,
        University of New Brunswick
        Fredericton,  N. B.,  E3B 5A3  Canada

History of Psychology:
 http://www.unb.ca/web/psychology/likely/psyc4053.htm