Tipsy People:

Usually language milestones are described in terms of speech ("Babbles, says
one-word sentences, says two-word sentences", etc.)  An intro psych student
recently asked when a child could be expected to be able to read a book (I
assume she meant a simple book like "Go Dog Go.")

Does anyone know offhand what the typical reading milestones are - "reads
letters, single words, sentences" and the like?  I am actually curious about
this, and would like to get back to the student as well.  I told her that
reading simple books probably wasn't typical until early school age (4-6).
But I would appreciate a link or some authoritative information.

Thanks much.

Nancy Melucci
El Camino College
Behavioral & Social Sciences
Utility Infielder
Torrance, CA
"That movie has warped my fragile little mind!"
(E. Cartman)