I was thinking, I could get Zimbardo's notes for General--just assign
the students to use his notes and I would come to class for
discussion/demos, and assessment.  Of course, some profs would still have to
lecture so that students could get their notes, but since people don't think
much of lectures now-a-days, why not just have electronic books, or students
take notes from the book and post them on the web?  Now, are there ethical
and copyright issues to consider?  Intellectual property rights?  If my
students use notes from someone at UCLA and exercises from someone at Boston
can they put on their resume that they had coursework from these
institutions? Class evaluations would be interesting.   If we could each
prepare a video lecture and transmit this to other classrooms of the future,
I would pick out some tipsters to make presentations on various areas,
transmit their notes to the students, and I'd be happy to do likewise for
others.  Isn't this possible now via web instruction?  Students could just
go to the contributor's respective web sites to take an exam or solve
problems, etc.  As these are completed, appropriate documentation obtained,
then I pass or otherwise give a grade for the course.  Students can fashion
their own course work from notes and on-line programs.  I could check to see
if I thought notes from Zimbardo's class were worthwhile.  Now, when the Net
goes down there might be a problem, but each student would be working at a
different pace and the course would not have to conform to quarters or
semesters...a kind of Keller method?  Interesting possibilities to consider.
Gary

Gerald (Gary) L. Peterson, Ph.D.
Professor, Department of Psychology
Saginaw Valley State University