>> It's at http://web.nmsu.edu/~sfrantz/tips/courseend.htm

Okay, here's my suggestion... the page at Sue's website was a compilation
of messages that had been sent to her from other people. The message
containing the segment of the Scholar's Creed was sent from a Lawrence
Gilligan who heard the inspirational speech of Howard Eves which quoted
part of the Scholar's Creed which in turn was attributed to a Dr. John J.
Seelman.

So, if the search for Seelman and Eves turns up blank, I'd check with
Gilligan. The only Lawrence Gilligan I could find in a rather quick web
search is a mathematics professor from the University of Cincinnati (which
would tie in with Stephen's discovery of Eves being a mathematician).
Perhaps, since he was inspired enough to hand out the quote to students, he
might have searched out the original source.

- Marc

G. Marc Turner, MEd
Lecturer & Head of Computer Operations
Department of Psychology
Southwest Texas State University
San Marcos, TX  78666
phone: (512)245-2526
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED] or ...