I have been following this discussion thread for the past week, and I
was wondering:  Is this supposed to be a scholarly debate about the
cross-cultural applicability of various child-rearing strategies, or is
this an attempt to pound people into submission who do not share your
views?

If it's the former, then let's dispense with the personal attacks and
the sarcasm.  If it's the latter, then let's be adults and move on.

Dr. Barbara Watters
Mercyhurst College
Erie, PA  16546