All joking aside, think about how popular psychology jeopardy
has become as a classroom tool. Maybe there is a very good way
to incorporate a quick paced game for some kind of stakes into
the classroom...not for me to figure out because I'm not even
'game' enough to try jeopardy in the classroom...but I know it
works for some people quite nicely! Anyway, the show is certainly
popular and could engender some good thinking just to come up with
items for the game.
annette

On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, Hetzel, Roderick wrote:

> I'm going to have a game in the next intro class I teach called "Who wants
> some extra credit?" and I will play Regis Philbin.  I haven't figured out
> exactly how I'm going to do it.  Something similar to the Kingsfield
> questions that lots of people use.  But this will be a way to get them to
> read the material and learn in an exciting way.  I'm going to try to bring
> in some suspenseful music, use overheads/powerpoint, etc...Maybe to get
> people to qualify for the extra credit points, I'll have some sort of speed
> round or something like that...Any ideas, anyone?
> Roderick D. Hetzel, Ph.D.
> Adjunct Professor
> Department of Psychology
> Rochester Institute of Technology
>
> OFFICE:
> Department of Anesthesiology
> University of Rochester Medical Center
> Pain and Symptom Treatment Center
> 2337 Clinton Avenue South
> Rochester, New York  14618
> 716-275-3524 (phone)
> 716-473-5007 (fax)
> 716-220-2834 (pager)
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (email)

Annette Taylor, Ph. D.
Department of Psychology                E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
University of San Diego                 Voice:   (619) 260-4006
5998 Alcala Park
San Diego, CA  92110

                "Education is one of the few things a person
                 is willing to pay for and not get."
                                                -- W. L. Bryan