At 8:46 AM -0600 12/2/99, Jean Edwards wrote:
>Hi Tipsters:
>
>Statistics (and any math for that matter) is not one of my strong points but
>doesn't the normal curve phenomenon apply to large numbers of people?

At best, and only if they're randomly sampled.
I would guess that a class population is both truncated and skewed.
I'd have trouble justifying its use in classes of less than several hundred.

* PAUL K. BRANDON               [EMAIL PROTECTED]  *
* Psychology Dept       Minnesota State University, Mankato *
* 23 Armstrong Hall, Mankato, MN 56001      ph 507-389-6217 *
*    http://www.mankato.msus.edu/dept/psych/welcome.html    *