Two things come to mind - I am so happy to be working with my president
instead of that one!

Earlier this month I chaired a panel that included a parent. He said that we
(colleges) are in a very awkward position because our product and customer
are the same. He went on to say that the customers can tell you what they
want right now, but you have to wait a few years to evaluate the quality of
the product. He also said that it is more important to develop the product
than it is to make the customers happy. Rip you might tell that president
that the instution would be better served by improving its product than by
satisfying its customers. At least he (?) should recognize that you are
still working with a business analogy.

sigh!

Dennis
Dennis Goff