Dear Tipsters,

Cases are interesting, but are limited for making generalizations
such as "yes, dogs are stupid." It is interesting that the chocolate
gannets have been a boxer and a pug so far (Louis did not mention
what breed his dog was). A colleague of mine has also many stories
to tell about the gustatory habits of his English bulldog (e.g., not
only the chocolate, but also the box; not only the bread, but also
the plastic wrap; not only a chew at the innersole, but consumption
of the complete upper).

Do breeds differ in the relative dominance of smell and taste over
association cortex? And how do we deal with the experiments
(underlined) showing rapid taste conditioning in rats?

Cases are interesting, as I have said. On the basis of n = 2, I can
report that my previous Scottie and my current Scottie both watch TV.
What do I mean? Well, they would look at it, and respond very
strongly when animals appeared - either cartoon or real. I am not
saying that this is intelligence, but it does indicate keen
observation. Any other reports of TV-watching dogs (with breed
reported)?

Sincerely,

Stuart

Stuart J. McKelvie, Ph.D.,                Phone: (819)822-9600
Department of Psychology,                 Extension 2402
Bishop's University,                      Fax: (819)822-9661
3 Route 108 East,
Lennoxville,                              e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Quebec J1M 1Z7,
Canada.

Bishop's University Psychology Department Web Page:
http://www.ubishops.ca/ccc/div/soc/psy