I think you and Louis should team teach a class (good cop, bad cop).  We
could start pools on which students and teachers survive.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, August 21, 2000 11:21 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Applied Survivor Activity

 I am toying with the idea of incorporating the Survivor paradigm in class.

 Just as in the TV series,someone gets kicked off the island;in my Classroom
version I
would ask students
to  secretly vote who they feel should be kicked out of the class.The
criteria to be used
to express
their desire to kick a student out of the class would be:
-stupidity of student
- unrelenting tardiness
- lack of communication
- poor critical thinking skills
- dozing off
-anyone with Tourettes'

The students who are voted to be kicked out would then be escorted out of
the class and
permitted
to re-enter after they have apologized to the class.
It is hoped that this activity would lead to a high self-monitoring of
behavior and hence
improve classroom
morale.

Michael Sylvester,Ph.D
Daytona
Beach,Florida

This message was sent using Panda Mail.  Check your regular email account
away from home
free!  http://bstar.net/panda/