> I hope it's not Beth's unwarranted praise that's making me post
> excessively tonight. But I need an answer to this question
> urgently.
>
> Believe it or not, I have a comment under consideration in a
> psychological journal which uses the phrase "get off your fanny".
> A reviewer has commented "the author might care to note that the
> term "fanny" is slang for vagina in some English speaking
> countries".
>
> Really? In my country, it refers to a totally different part of
> the anatomy. Can anyone confirm this, and tell me in which
> countries this is common?
>
> -Stephen
It is so in Trinidad and some of the Windward Islands,
which includes St.Lucia where I am from.  Check out
the Calypso songs of the Mighty Sparrow for his use of the
term.
 Michael Sylvester

This message was sent using Panda Mail.  Check your regular email account away from
home
free!  http://bstar.net/panda/