Check the rules of the test. If I recall (I took it 6 or so years ago;
rules may have changed), 1/4 of a point is deducted for a wrong answer.
Hence it doesn't make sense to guess unless two of the four alternatives
can be confidently discounted.

I found practice to be enormously valuable. I did about four practice
tests (from books) and when I went to take the actual GRE (this is case
for the general as well) knew within about a 40-point range of how I'd
score on each section. *Much* less stress when one can do that.

Another point about the psyc GRE is that there's two "sections," though
the questions are mixed--the quantitative stuff (physio, stats,
sensation/perception, cognitive) and more qualitative (personality,
social, etc.) I forget what these are called, but separate scores are
calculated for each and I believe it's considered bad form for there to be
more than 100 points difference.

The most helpful thing one can do to study for the subject test is
memorize names and the theories/concepts they're attached to.

But bottom line is, get the books and study. I found out all this stuff on
my own and wound up doing very well on the test. You don't want to be
surprised by any rules on the day you take it.

Robin Pearce          "The wit of a graduate student is like champagne.
Boston University                   Canadian champagne."
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                      --Robertson Davies