I want to add one item to Charles list. I used the events of the election to
introduce the topic of flash bulb memories by asking students if they
thought they would remember the personal events surrounding this news for
the rest of their lives. We could then talk about relevance, surprise and
some of the research that suggests this is not a good "flash bulb event."

Dennis M. Goff
Dept. of Psychology
Randolph-Macon Woman's College
Lynchburg VA

Charles Huffman wrote:

Perhaps I differ from the majority (which has never stopped me before), but
I find everything about the U.S. Presidential election relates to the
teaching of psychology.  If one accepts that psychology connects to the
behavior and mental processes of all persons, then I think the relevance is
clear.  I have been able to use the election in a variety of ways in all of
my courses.

A few examples that others have not mentioned: