After I said I didn't have any references on aromatherapy, I followed Robert Herdegen's suggested sites for NLP and found good stuff on aromatherapy at:

www.pseudoscience.org

Check it out.

Donald McBurney

Carla Grayson wrote:

Nancy Melucci
Los Angeles Harbor College
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

1) Is there any good evidence of therapeutic benefit to people, or even other
interesting mood enhancing or altering effects from "aromatherapy."
I don't know about aromatherapy per se but things that put you in a good mood have all sorts of effects. Most specifically, you can look at a fun (effects of smelling yummy cookies on helping behavior) study by Robert Baron (1997) The sweet smell of...helping: Effects of pleasant ambient fragrance on prosocial behavior in shopping malls. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 23, 498-503.

Carla Grayson