Hi

As Michael S. is away for a month, I thought someone should point
out the Eurocentric nature of the following publication.  The use
of witchdoctors as a foil for psychiatrists seems to imply
something negative about witchdoctors.

On Fri, 8 Dec 2000, Stephen Black wrote:
> psychiatric disorders. I particularly liked his book
> "Witchdoctors and Psychiatrists" (1973), in which he drew
> attention to the real parallels in the two cases. He illustrated

Best wishes
Jim

James M. Clark                          (204) 786-9757
Department of Psychology                (204) 774-4134 Fax
University of Winnipeg                  4L05D
Winnipeg, Manitoba  R3B 2E9             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CANADA                                  http://www.uwinnipeg.ca/~clark