Patrick Cabe wrote:
> I second this. Even the attachment of "cards" is a hassle for
> some of us. I've come to the point of simply deleting messages that show
> attachments without ever opening them.
>
> Paul's note is a call for courtesy from list members. I think
> we ought to listen him.

        Rather than all posting our agreement with this, let's give it a
while and see if the problem goes away. The two folks who sent attachments
over the last two days are well aware of the problem, and we've been good at
avoiding the problem for years.

        Incidentally, I've always deleted messages with attachments unless I
was expecting one sent explicitly to me. But with Exchange server at my
institution, the problem is far worse - I don't have any choice about the
attachments. The entire attachment is downloaded to my computer right away
as I check my email. I hate that with a passion. It means that I HAVE TO
wait for the entire download just to have the opportunity to read my other
mail.
        Thanks to Deanna Buck for suggesting a solution - but I still hope
that we stop sending attachments.

Paul Smith
Alverno College
Milwaukee