From: Pollak, Edward [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2001 8:14 PM
To: 'Tips (post)'
Subject: Student Question

Children born deaf and blind do, indeed, smile at the appropriate age.  This
fact is often cited as evidence that smiling and some other basic behavior
patterns as "hard wired."
Ed
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Edward I. Pollak, Ph.D., Department of Psychology,
West Chester Univ. of PA, West Chester, PA 19383
Office: 610-436-3151; Home: 610-363-1939; Fax: 610-436-2846;
Office Hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays 8-9 and 11-12 and
Mondays and Wednesdays 12-1 and by appointment,
Husband, father, grandfather, biopsychologist, herpetoculturist and
bluegrass fiddler
If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible
warning.   --Catherine Aird