I guess I am using my tips bandwidth to basically just thank Rick
for his comments on the GI article.

I have to completely agree with Rick on his comments. As I was reading
this article, and I was VERY tired, I thought to myself that there
was something drastically wrong with the picture being portrayed of
an academic combatting grade inflation with.........grade inflation!
and the JUSTIFYING IT because IN PRIVATE, behind closed office doors,
the truth is told.

I had printed out the article and was going to read it more closely to
see what I was missing and thank Rick for saving me the sanity and time
in pointing out the flaws in the original paper.

annette

Annette Taylor, Ph. D.
Department of Psychology                E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
University of San Diego                 Voice:   (619) 260-4006
5998 Alcala Park
San Diego, CA  92110

                "Education is one of the few things a person
                 is willing to pay for and not get."
                                                -- W. L. Bryan