From: Louis_Schmier [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2001 10:06 AM
To: Miguel Roig
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: What makes people happy?

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Miguel Roig wrote:

> The following comes from an APA News Release:
>
> Study Finds Autonomy, Competence, Relatedness and Self-Esteem at Top of
List of
> Psychological Needs
>
> Washington - Attaining popularity or influence and money or luxury is not
what
> makes people the happiest and is at the bottom of the list of
psychological
> needs, according to a new study. Topping the list of needs that appear to
bring
> happiness are autonomy (feeling that your activities are self-chosen and
> self-endorsed), competence (feeling that you are effective in your
activities),
> relatedness (feeling a sense of closeness with others) and self-esteem.
The
> findings appear in the February issue of the Journal of Personality and
Social
> Psychology, published by the American Psychological Association (APA).

This include students??

Make it a good day.

                                                       --Louis--

Louis Schmier                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Department of History             www.therandomthoughts.com
Valdosta State University         www.halcyon.com/arborhts/louis.html
Valdosta, GA  31698                           /~\        /\ /\
                        -_~    /  "If you want to climb mountains,   \ /^\
                         _ _ /      don't practice on mole hills" -    \____