Hi

On Sun, 18 Feb 2001, Paul Brandon wrote:
> Again, there has been a lot of talk in academia in the last decade about
> the increasingly mercenary behavior of students.
> This could result in _our_ reinforcing _them_ for making more idealistic
> statements about their motives.

Is there any _independent_ evidence for past reinforcement
contingencies and/or for a change in these contingencies?  My own
impression is that the dominant message to students remains
job-oriented.

Best wishes
Jim

James M. Clark                          (204) 786-9757
Department of Psychology                (204) 774-4134 Fax
University of Winnipeg                  4L05D
Winnipeg, Manitoba  R3B 2E9             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CANADA                                  http://www.uwinnipeg.ca/~clark