Nancy - you can launch any browser without being connected to the web and it will still work. Obviously, you won't be able to access any web pages via the internet, and you'll get a message that your browser cannot find whatever home page you use. Nonetheless, you will still will be able to display pages located on your own hard drive. Simple go to file, click on "Open Page," and navigate to the location on your hard drive where your web pages are stored. Hope this helps.