At 01:09 PM 03/05/2001 -0600, Paul Brandon wrote:
>At 1:01 PM -0500 3/5/01, Deborah Briihl wrote:
> >My students will be presented a debate on repressed memories and they
> >wanted to start with a film clip. One of the students remembers a film
> >about repressed memories that was shown on Lifetime, but can't recall the
> >name of the film. Any help? I already looked on Cannon's website for films
> >for psychology.
> >Deb
>
>Have you checked under "fiction"? ;-)

Actually, this might be the film the student is thinking about.  Whether or
not you believe
repressed memories are fictitious, it is nonetheless a great film!

Spellbound.

Alfred Hitchcock takes on Sigmund Freud in this thriller in which
psychologist Ingrid Bergman tries to solve a murder by unlocking the clues
hidden in the mind of amnesiac suspect Gregory Peck. Among the highlights
is a bizarre dream sequence seemingly designed by Salvador Dali--complete
with huge eyeballs and pointy scissors. Although the film is in black and
white, the original release contained one subliminal blood-red frame,
appearing when a gun pointed directly at the camera goes off. Spellbound is
one of Hitchcock's strangest and most atmospheric films, providing the
director with plenty of opportunities to explore what he called "pure
cinema"--i.e., the power of pure visual
  associations.

An engrossing psychological drama by the master of mystery. An amnesic
mental patient unknowingly poses as the director of a mental hospital and
becomes entangled in a murder. When a staff psychiatrist comes to his
rescue, she finds that the solution to the murder mystery
lies deep within his repressed memories.

Mike Lee, MA
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB Canada
[EMAIL PROTECTED]