This new journal (http://najp.8m.com/#OEP) was recently brought
to our attention on that other list. It seems entirely
reasonable, even promising, but I did notice one rather peculiar
thing. At the bottom of one of its web pages, the following
quotation appears:

"It seems to me that over time, psychology will become
increasingly influenced by women psychologists as they move up
into positions of power."

-Phil Zimbardo, commenting on the changing field of psychology

This apparent hint that this is a journal by and for women isn't
borne out by an examination of their editorial board, stated
policies, or the papers they've recently published. Anyone know
what this might be about?

-Stephen

Stephen Black, Ph.D.                      tel: (819) 822-9600 ext 2470
Bishop's University                    e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Lennoxville, QC
J1M 1Z7
Canada     Department web page at http://www.ubishops.ca/ccc/div/soc/psy
           Check out TIPS listserv for teachers of psychology at:
           http://www.frostburg.edu/dept/psyc/southerly/tips/