My wife and I also teach together at Sierra College. Our situation is
different because she teaches Spanish and I teach Psych. We have not had any
formal problems because of this but there have been a number of minor
annoyances. Since we have the same last name, we get each other's mail.
Students ask each of us to deliver messages to the other (we absolutely
refuse). Occasionally I have had students sign up for a psych class because
they thought it was my wife teaching it and vice versa. When my wife first
started teaching at Sierra I was a little worried (OK I was a lot worried)
because I felt my privacy being invaded. My teaching and colleague persona
is not necessarily the same as my persona when I am home and I enjoy being
the hero of my own faculty stories. With my wife on campus, she would have a
vantage point different than mine. Selfish I admit but there it is. This has
not been a problem to my great relief. I know of three other married couples
(one in psych and art) I also know of two cases of divorce in which both
stayed on campus. These situations were indeed messy for a while, but
eventually cooled off.