I suppose one could have a little fun with the situation. Perhaps a few
students would like to collect data on this change. Do you have Observer
software loaded onto a laptop? It is good for noting trips, overstepping,
complaints, etc. After baseline with chunk chain, do some Hawthorne
effects. Tie ribbons onto it one day, paint it (I would not ask the powers
that be; just don't get any on the carpet) different colors, invite an art
student to turn it into an artistic statement (maybe add some more chains
in different textures-- hotlinks),  and continue to note reactions. Just
brainstorming.

Dr. Joyce Johnson
Assistant Professor of Psychology
Developmental/ Experimental
Centenary College of Louisiana
PO Box 41188
2911 Centenary Blvd.
Shreveport, LA 71134-1188
homepage: <http://www.centenary.edu/~jjohnson>
office 318 869 5253
FAX 318 869 5004 Attn: Dr Johnson, Psychology