What a title!

Some time ago, I believe it was Stephen Black who mentioned an article
by W. W. Schultz,  P. van Andel, I. Sabelis, and E. Mooyaart in the
British Medical Journal (Vol. 319, 1999, pp 1596-1600) called, "Magnetic
Resonance Imaging of Male and Female Genitals During Coitus and Female
Sexual Arousal" (go to:
http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/319/7225/1596). Apparently, these
authors won the 2000 Ig Noble Prize in Medicine for this report.

Ida Sabelis, one of the co-authors, was one of the two people pictured
in the MRI photos (I'll let you guess which one). Although she did not
attend the ceremony, she wrote an acceptance speech for the prize, which
you can read at
http://www.improb.com/airchives/paperair/volume7/v7i1/sabel-speech-7-1.html.
In the speech, she describes (in broken English) the events leading up
to the event as well as what happened while they were in the MRI
machine.

I hope that I am not repeating something that has already been mentioned
on TIPS.

Jeff

--
Jeffry P. Ricker, Ph.D.          Office Phone:  (480) 423-6213
9000 E. Chaparral Rd.            FAX Number: (480) 423-6298

"Science must begin with myths and with the criticism of myths"
                  Karl Popper

Listowner: Psychologists Educating Students to Think Skeptically (PESTS)

http://www.sc.maricopa.edu/sbscience/pests/index.html