I use a Boxlight CD-450m multimedia projector... I was not able to find the
specs for the luminens, but I can say that it works well in my classrooms
when the fluorescent lights are ON.  I am not sure how it would respond w/
natural light.  Also, the cost was pretty reasonable (around $2200).

steve

>>From: "Kenneth M. Steele" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>Subject: Re: projector question
>>Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 14:38:52 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
>>

>>On Tue, 20 Mar 2001 17:52:58 -0500 KLEISSLER
>><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>

>> > Anyway, here's my question:
>> > We have some funding available for a projector to hook up with a lap
>> > top. Our classrooms are not very dark -- the architect won, the faculty
>> > lost  the battle of the shades so we have non-room-darkening (but very
>> > aesthetically pleasing!) shades. Does anyone know how many lumens  we
>> > would need to be able to have a visible image in day light?
>> >

>>Kathleen:
>>
>>We have a similar problem but for a very different reason.  We
>>are in an old building that was built with lots of windows to
>>take advantage of natural lighting.  Even state-contract
>>industrial shades only bring the lighting down into the region
>>of pleasantly-dim.
>>
>>I would look at nothing below 1000 lumens; at present we are
>>trying to find 2000 lumen projectors that are within our budget.
>>
>>Good luck.
>>
>>Ken
>>
>>----------------------
>>Kenneth M. Steele                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>Dept. of Psychology
>>Appalachian State University
>>Boone, NC 28608
>>USA

Stephen W. Tuholski Ph.D.
Asst. Professor
Dept. of Psychology
Southern Illinois U. at Edwardsville
Edwardsville IL 62026
Phone: 618 650 5391
Fax: 618 650 5087
http://www.siue.edu/~stuhols

"Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so."
                        - Bertrand Russell