Beth Benoit wrote:

> > From: "Jim  Guinee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > In the multiple
> > choice section students are allowed to write comments on the rationale for
> > their answers, and I reserve the right to give some credit for an incorrect
> > answer that has sound logic, understanding.
>
> What a great idea!  Yet another gem for us from TIPS.  Thanks, Jim!
>
> Beth Benoit

If I find that a student can support an 'incorrect' answer on a multiple choice
question with sound logic and understanding I consider that to be a failure in my
attempt to write a good question.  I give all students who missed it their point
back and make a note to not use it again.

--
__ Rick Stevens
__ Psychology Department