Deb -
        Not a problem - I really SHOULD know better than to use sarcasm in a
post to a public list, just because people are in so many different states
of mind when they read the posts (for example, I just got home from a major
league baseball game, and am probably not nearly at my best). I see that my
tone wasn't clear to a number of people, and I guess that I don't blame them
for not knowing what I meant (that is, for not reading my mind... <grin>).

        For the record, neither Deb nor I believe that women and minorities
are any more prone to irrationality than us white male types (right, Deb?).

Paul Smith
Alverno College
Milwaukee