Title: re:  The Lucifer Principle - redirect

on 4/25/01 11:04 AM, Jim  Guinee at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>>Interesting stuff, but this argument of man creating the devil has been around
for years.  There are even offshoots of Christendom that maintain the devil is
not an actual entitity but something bad within us.<<

I know the concept of the devil isn't new, and am not especially interested in that.

What interests me is the idea specified in Jim's last sentence, which is the basic tenet of The Lucifer Principle.   I stress - again - that religion does not appear to be a part of this concept.

SO - could evil be a survival mechanism?  If so, does it work and can humans reject it?

Beth Benoit
University System of New Hampshire