Sent: Friday, July 20, 2001 9:44 AM
Subject: Olfactory oversensitivity

<does anyone have any suggestions?  Please reply directly to Sue Hymus.  Steve Roper>

Dear Dr Roper and associates,

I am a paediatric psychologist working in Melbourne Australia.  I have been searching for information that may assist me in working with a pre-schooler who has an extreme overreaction to smell.  He consistently vomits when exposed to odours that he perceives as noxious ( including many foods).   His everyday experiences and diet are therefore extremely restricted.  He is also tactile defensive, so reacts badly to mild pressure and various textures.  The occupational therapist will soon be commencing some sensory integration therapy.  I am wondering if you are aware of any websites/researchers that provide some more specific information to help target his heightened sense of smell.

Yours sincerely,

Sue Hymus