Dear Louis,

>From your many posts we know that you take your teaching seriously. Your
>current one only reinforces that.

You say that you have not had to resort to dismissing class in the last three
semesters, which seems to imply that you have done it before, albeit I am sure
infrequently.

However, we have an obligation to offer our teaching services to students who
want to be there and have paid to be there. Unless one is personally ill, I
cannot see why we would not just buckle down and rise to the occasion. There
could be students in the class who had similar feelings but dragged themselves
out anyway.

Your honesty is not in question. However, I disagree with your sentiments.

Sincerely,

Stuart

                                   "Floreat Labore"

                      "Recti cultus pectora roborant"

Stuart J. McKelvie, Ph.D.,     Phone: 819 822 9600 x 2402
Department of Psychology,         Fax: 819 822 9661
Bishop's University,
2600 rue College,
Sherbrooke,
Québec J1M 1Z7,
Canada.

E-mail: stuart.mckel...@ubishops.ca (or smcke...@ubishops.ca)

Bishop's University Psychology Department Web Page:
http://www.ubishops.ca/ccc/div/soc/psy

                                   Floreat Labore"