I'm going to get back to people on that thread I started on one-
eyed 3-D perception, but the weather here has turned
uncharacteristically wonderful. And if you know what a Canadian
winter is like, you'll understand.

But in the meantime I want to call attention, not to my deaf
family, which I don't have, but to a neat new pilot for a reality TV
series with that name.

It's produced by the acclaimed actress Marlee Matlin, and could
be of interest in psychology classses. Jon & Kate Plus 8 it isn't,
even if I haven't had the pleasure of watching that particular
programme. Come to think of it, another advantage to living in
Canada.

The pilot  is here:

http://www.youtube.com/mydeaffamily

and an article in the LA Times on it is here:

http://tinyurl.com/yetlyu7

The article notes that Matlin turned to the unusual tactic of
showing the video (and likely the series) on YouTube when it
was turned down by slow-to-react television executives.

And part of the reason why she chose YouTube was to take
advantage of their new auto-captioning feature.

(Conflict of interest disclaimer plus minor kvell: my daughter,
who works on the Google auto-caption project, tipped me off to
this).

Stephen
Stephen L. Black, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychology, Emeritus