The Cozby text used to be put out by Mayfield Publishing; one of those family
owned publishing houses; but they were swallowed up by the big boys.

I like the Cozby text because when I first starting teaching RM there were very
few "ancillaries" available with any text. This was the first text I ever came
across where the author created his own online manual/website. It is still
available, even though McGraw hill has its jazzed up version. I like the old
one quite well and much of the information from the old website never migrated
over to the new one.

Over the years I've liked some improvements to the text, such as building in
exercises for students to do as they go along; but some I don't like such as
incorporated more advanced concepts. I've always like the book because it was
perfect for lower division undergraduates and did not seem to be intended to do
double duty for upper and lower or even grad students. I wouldn't be surprised
to learn if McGraw Hill, who probably want to market it more widely, had
something to do with that.

You can find the original website at:
http://methods.fullerton.edu/

This is a great conversation.