Allen is perhaps exempt, given his background, but it seems to me that
psychologists complaining about the turgidity of other scholars' prose
is a very dangerous game to be play. If anyone is guilty of
intentionally making relatively simple ideas seem complicated by giving
them inordinately arcane labels in order to render them "scientific," it
is psychologists.

My personal (anti-)favorite has always been the behaviorists' penchant
for using "perseverate" whne they mean simply to repeat or continue.

Chris
--
Christopher D p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 16.0px Times
New Roman} span.s1 {font: 16.0px Lucida Grande} Christopher D. Green

Department of Psychology
York University
Toronto, ON M3J 1P3
Canada