One of the Deans told me that during one of the orientation sessions this
summer, one parent asked what sort of assistance the university provided to
help parents find employment on campus!  I think there might have even been
an inquiry about living on campus as well.

I had one case (several years ago) in which a parent made inquiries in the
department about why a student wasn't making progress toward completing her
master's thesis.  The answer was that she wasn't doing any work and couldn't
stick with a topic - but we told the parent to talk to the daughter.
 Student Affairs has begun creating sessions for parents (separate from
their children).  My daughter's school had a session like this for parents
during orientation (7 years ago now).

Claudia J. Stanny, Ph.D.
Director
Center for University Teaching, Learning, and Assessment
Associate Professor
School of Psychological and Behavioral Sciences
University of West Florida
11000 University Parkway
Pensacola, FL  32514 – 5751

Phone:   (850) 857-6355 or  473-7435