Wuensch, Karl L wrote:

> *http://tinyurl.com/37t55hv *
>
> * *
>
> So, does atheism cause one to learn more about religion, does knowing
> more about religion cause one to become atheist, or might there be a
> third variable (or constellation of variables) accounting for the
> correlation between atheism and knowledge about religion?

Dave Silverman, president of American Atheists, was quoted in the New
York Times version of this story as saying: "I have heard many times
that atheists know more about religion than religious people,....
Atheism is an effect of that knowledge, not a lack of knowledge. I gave
a Bible to my daughter. That's how you make atheists."
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/28/us/28religion.html?_r=2&hp

Chris Green
York U.
Toronto