Ken, I bet that is exactly what happened in your case.

Regarding so-called administrative plagiarism, it is not uncommon for
individuals or committees of individuals who create policy statements for
institutions to appropriate material from federal policies. Thus, institutional
guidance on human research protections or on scientific integrity use verbatim
language from OHRP and ORI respectively. This is probably most desirable
for achieving universal agreement as to what might constitute, for
example, human subjects research or research misconduct. I also know that in
the IRB world institutions might also share individual policies on various
aspects of their function. For example, in the IRB listserv that I belong to,
it is not uncommon for IRB professionals who are working on policies, forms,
and other administrative paperwork to ask and to receive sample language from
their counterparts at other institutions. Regrettably, I think that sometimes
these practices lead to the types of situations such as the one you
encountered. What also bothers me about these practices is that the person
doing the borrowing might not acknowledge the origin of the material being
reused and the question arises as to whether practices similar to scholarly
forms of attribution should be applied in these cases, particularly when this
material appears on-line. Then, there are the situations where policy
statements, forms, etc., created from scratch and available on-line at one
institution suddenly appear on-line at other institutions, again, without
attribution or, apparently, without permission. I have head of at least two
cases of the latter type incident and, believe me, people are not happy when
they realize that their work has been plagiarized without their knowledge. And
if I may be allowed to promote my own work here, at the most recent EPA
conference one of my students and I presented a poster describing how
we googled language from 50 universities' plagiarism policies and found a total
of 16 different institutional sites that contained identical or nearly
identical language from these 50 universities and in no case was there any
attribution. Again, should administrative language be subjected to similar
scholarly rules of citation and attribution. I would say that, in some cases,
yes.

Miguel