Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 12:42:12 -0500
From: j.cl...@uwinnipeg.ca
Subject: RE: [tips] face morphing illustration?
To: tips@fsulist.frostburg.edu

Hi

Thanks Jim ... both sites are very good.  I think I'll use the faceresearch
site, which allows you to select faces from a large collection (or upload your
own faces) and then create the average.  I'll do it for something like 2, 4, 8,
16, ...? faces and see if class detects increasing attractiveness and up to
what point.

As you can save the averaged faces, it would also be easy to turn this into a
little class study (e.g., faces of different #s of component faces rated for
attractiveness, perhaps presented by powerpoint).  Or one could talk about
different features related to attractiveness (e.g., eye separation, nose width,
...) and select faces to average in that would strengthen those features.  Lots
of possibilities.

Thanks again
Jim

James M. Clark
Professor of Psychology
204-786-9757
204-774-4134 Fax
j.cl...@uwinnipeg.ca

>>> Jim Matiya <jmat...@hotmail.com> 06-Oct-10 4:13 PM >>>

Jim, try this site, it may not exactly what you want...

http://homepage.psy.utexas.edu/homepage/group/langloislab/morph.html

or...

http://www.faceresearch.org/

Jim Matiya
Visiting Instructor in Psychology
Florida Gulf Coast University
jmat...@fgcu.edu

Using David Myers' texts for AP Psychology? Go to
http://bcs.worthpublishers.com/cppsych/

High School Psychology and Advanced Psychology Graphic Organizers,
Pacing Guides, and Daily Lesson Plans archived at www.Teaching-Point.net

Contributor, for Karen Huffman's Psychology in Action, Video Guest Lecturettes
John Wiley and Sons.

> Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 14:02:07 -0500
> From: j.cl...@uwinnipeg.ca
> To: tips@fsulist.frostburg.edu
> Subject: [tips] face morphing illustration?
>
> Hi
>
> I lecture about attractiveness and include the research on averaged faces
> (i.e., morphed faces). I'm wondering if anyone knows of a dynamic display of
> faces being morphed together ... ideally an accumulation of faces producing
> an (in principle) more attractive face as number of faces increases? I have
> static images, but a dynamic display would be nice.
>
> Take care
> Jim
>

> James M. Clark
> Professor of Psychology