I didn't even know there was a 3rd edition of Heiman -- I've been using the
Second for about 10 years.  I suppose I should check!

I hope that it doesn't go out of print -- I think it's clear and covers almost
everything I want (I have 6 contact hours a week for a year, so I can do a lot
with them).  My only complaint is that it is from the last generation of stats
books, and still has computational formulae in it.  I wish it didn't --
spreadsheets are more common than calculators, and the definitional formulae
are easy enough to do with a spreadsheet -- and those make sense.

I'll take a look at the Davis and Smith text as well as the other two.

Marc Carter, PhD
Associate Professor and Chair
Department of Psychology
College of Arts & Sciences