Marte, I have used Jackson's book for quite a while and have been very
satisfied with it.

Dave

David Kreiner
Professor of Psychology
University of Central Missouri
Lovinger 1111
Warrensburg MO 64093

krei...@ucmo.edu

>>> Marte Fallshore <ma...@cwu.edu> 10/12/2010 10:27 AM >>>

I am looking for feedback on a couple of combine research methods and
statistics textbooks. Has anybody used either of the following textbooks? What
did you think of them? If you used them, would you use them again? Why? If you
won't use them again, why? Did you use some other combined textbook that you
were really happy with (besides Heiman who is awesome but beyond my students)?

Jackson, SL (2009). Research methods and statistics: A critical thinking
approach (3rd ed.). Wadsworth.

Furlong, N., Lovelace, E., & Lovelace, K. (2000). Research methods and
statistics: An integrated approach. Wadsworth.

As usual, if there is interest I am happy to summarize my findings. Thanks for
your help,

Marte

Marte Fallshore
Department of Psychology
Central Washington Univ.
400 E University Way
Ellensburg, WA 98926-7575

509/963-3670
509/963-2307 (fax)

No one knows what's next, but everybody does it. ~George Carlin

When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint.
When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.
        ~Dom Heider Camara

I teach for free; they pay me to grade. (anon)