On Tue, 09 Nov 2010 16:07:45 -0800, Scott O Lilienfeld wrote:
.[snip]
>  BTW, Chris Green is correct about Savannah...a very pretty (albeit very
>unusual) city.  Quite unlike any city I've ever seen - a wild mix of classic
>Southern architecture intermixed with a decidedly bohemian flavor.

Never been myself but I did see the movie "Midnight in the Garden
of Good and Evil".  I found the amount of drinking unusual.  And
the invisible dog.

>Not sure why they selected it for Ralston College (first I've heard of this),
>although it seems to have just the right amount of quirkiness for such an
>endeavor.

Back in the 1960's, one would have expected to see such a college
in California or thereabouts.  I guess that that part of the country has
lost its charm.

>If  I recall correctly, the John Cusack character in the film version of
>Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil referred to Savannah as
>"Gone with the Wind on mescaline."  That's about right.

Yes, you recall correctly.  I recall there being problems with electricity,
an unhealthy interest in Alabama college football, and a cavalier attitude
towards firearms such as where a matronly type pulls out a pistol at a party
and says "I'm going to shoot me a man!".

Also, Cusack/Kelso's playing a tape of NYC street noises in order to
get asleep.  I've been there.

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=6348
or send a blank email to
leave-6348-13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df...@fsulist.frostburg.edu