From: roig-rear...@comcast.net
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS) <tips@fsulist.frostburg.edu>
Sent: Sun, Nov 21, 2010 12:29 pm
Subject: Re: [tips] texter and gamer, Facebook addict and YouTube potato

Nancy wrote:

This hasn't changed and it is simply more unwarranted fear that somehow
standards are slipping.
They were never as high as we imagined them to be.

-------

That's an interesting empirical question. It would be great if someone could
collect old and new syllabi, exams, etc. from, say, Psych. 101, Research
Methods, etc., from senior faculty members of several universities and carry
out a content analysis to determine the extent to which standards may have
changed or remained the same. As I have taught for over 20 years and have kept
many of these materials, my impression -without it being a systematic analysis-
is that standards have, in fact, declined somewhat. Then, again, that's based
on an N = 1 and it is largely subjective.

Miguel

They were never as high as we imagined them to be.

-------

That's an interesting empirical question. It would be great if someone could
collect old and new syllabi, exams, etc. from, say, Psych. 101, Research
Methods, etc., from senior faculty members of several universities and carry
out a content analysis to determine the extent to which standards may have
changed or remained the same. As I have taught for over 20 years and have kept
many of these materials, my impression -without it being a systematic analysis-
is that standards have, in fact, declined somewhat. Then, again, that's based
on an N = 1 and it is largely subjective.

Miguel

---
You are currently subscribed to tips as: drna...@aol.com.
To unsubscribe click here: