From: Rick Froman [rfro...@jbu.edu]
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2011 5:48 PM
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)
Subject: RE: [tips] Undergraduate Transfer of Online Courses

This is a fairly new issue and it is likely that standards have changed in the
10 years between the last accreditation self-study and the next one. We work
with the Higher Learning Commission (formerly known as North Central) and I
believe they also would have problems with a policy that excluded credit for
all online classes. I would assume that colleges that don't accept credit for
online classes must not teach any online classes at their institution.

Rick

Dr. Rick Froman, Chair
Division of Humanities and Social Sciences
Professor of Psychology
Box 3055
John Brown University
2000 W. University Siloam Springs, AR  72761
rfro...@jbu.edu
(479)524-7295
http://tinyurl.com/DrFroman

"The LORD detests both Type I and Type II errors." Proverbs 17:15