Stephen Black wrote of the Norwegian documentary on nature/nurture
presented by the comedian Harald Eia (links in Stephen's post below):
>This is a great documentary...It's provocative and
>informative, and it sets a standard of excellence in
>presenting scientific information to the public.

I totally concur with what Stephen says about the documentary.  I
appreciate that most TIPSters don't have the time that Stephen and I
have to watch several 38 minute sections, but they're well worth the
effort. Proponents of each "side" were presented with what their
opponents had to say, so that they could respond. There were some gems
from the cultural determinists:

"If you don't take genetics into account you can explain everything
environmentally."

"In social science we try to introduce theories."

And: "I have the theoretical basis. There's no room for biology in
there."

Do watch at least the first two sections, and the last:

Brainwash 1: 7 - "The Gender Equality Paradox":
http://vimeo.com/19707588
Brainwash 2: 7 - "The Parental Effect"  http://vimeo.com/19893826
Brainwash 7: 7 - "Nature or Nurture"  http://vimeo.com/19889788

The password is "hjernevask" (no capital letters, no quotes).

Allen Esterson
Former lecturer, Science Department
Southwark College, London
allenester...@compuserve.com