I'm newly retired and loving it! Frankly, I felt myself losing my edge and new
it was time. I've seen too many colleagues go through their later years
blissfully unaware of their declining skills and passions for their
professorial life.  I now find that my passion is better and more usefully
directed toward my grandchildren, my health, my avocations of music, and
animals, and various major life projects such as cleaning out 35 years of
accumulated junk, records & other silliness filling our basement & closets. I
also have the pleasure of knowing that I am being replaced by a young scholar
who has more passion and more current knowledge than do I at this point in my
life. I recommend retirement to all who can manage it. It's wonderful!!

Edward I. Pollak, Ph.D.
Professor emeritus
Department of Psychology
West Chester University of Pennsylvania

Husband, father, grandfather, biopsychologist & bluegrass
fiddler............... in approximate order of importance

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=11550
or send a blank email to
leave-11550-13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df...@fsulist.frostburg.edu