Ed, may the wind be at your back.

Make it a good day

-Louis-

Louis Schmier
http://www.therandomthoughts.edublogs.org
Department of History                        http://www.therandomthoughts.com
Valdosta State University
Valdosta, Georgia 31698                     /\   /\  /\                 /\
/\
(O)  229-333-5947                            /^\\/  \/   \   /\/\__   /   \  /
 \
(C)  229-630-0821                           /     \/   \_ \/ /   \/ /\/  /  \
 /\  \
                                                    //\/\/ /\    \__/__/_/\_\/
  \_/__\  \
                                              /\"If you want to climb
mountains,\ /\
                                          _ /  \    don't practice on mole
hills" - /   \_

On Jul 22, 2011, at 8:06 AM, Pollak, Edward (Retired) wrote:

> I'm newly retired and loving it! Frankly, I felt myself losing my edge and
> new it was time. I've seen too many colleagues go through their later years
> blissfully unaware of their declining skills and passions for their
> professorial life.  I now find that my passion is better and more usefully
> directed toward my grandchildren, my health, my avocations of music, and
> animals, and various major life projects such as cleaning out 35 years of
> accumulated junk, records & other silliness filling our basement & closets. I
> also have the pleasure of knowing that I am being replaced by a young scholar
> who has more passion and more current knowledge than do I at this point in my
> life. I recommend retirement to all who can manage it. It's wonderful!!
>
> Edward I. Pollak, Ph.D.
> Professor emeritus
> Department of Psychology
> West Chester University of Pennsylvania
>
> Husband, father, grandfather, biopsychologist & bluegrass
> fiddler............... in approximate order of importance
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to tips as: lschm...@valdosta.edu.
> To unsubscribe click here:
> http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13368.9b8fe41d7a9a359029570f1d2ef42440&n=T&l=tips&o=11550
> (It may be necessary to cut and paste the above URL if the line is broken)
> or send a blank email to
> leave-11550-13368.9b8fe41d7a9a359029570f1d2ef42...@fsulist.frostburg.edu

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=11551
or send a blank email to