On Thu, 12 Jan 2012, Michael Palij went:

The NY Times has an article on the alleged research fraud
by Dipak K. Das of the University of Connecticut who reported
on the beneficial effects of drinking wine.
[...]
More detail, including quotes from UConn's press release on
the matter is available on "Retraction Watch" website; see:
http://retractionwatch.wordpress.com/2012/01/11/uconn-resveratrol-researcher-dipak-das-fingered-in-sweeping-misconduct-case/

The thing is, you can't drink enough wine to absorb an active amount
of resveratrol into your body
<http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0009912002003971>,
so any benefits resveratrol may have are entirely irrelevant to
questions about the benefits of drinking wine.  (I believe the active
constituent of wine is ethanol.)

So, Google Scholar inflates the number of articles that a
specific researcher has publishes (when I checked for
my pubs, GS provided multiple hits for a single article

But Google Scholar, like WoS, now lets you do a citation analysis on
your own work by weeding out the papers that shouldn't be there.
(Click on "My Citations.")  Trouble is, Google Scholar seems to
provide no easy way to do this on someone else's work.

(e.g., I have a pub in an obscure journal which was not in the
database but, when it was cited by another researcher -- thanks
David ;-)

Good ol' _Journal of Maintenance in the Addictions_. :)

--David Epstein
  da...@neverdave.com

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=15272
or send a blank email to